Friday, December 11, 2015

Lolita accomplishments of 2015 and goals for the next year ♡


Hello everyone! I'm back with another Lolita Blog Carnival post. This week we are supposed to write about what changes we plan for our wardrobes in 2016. But before I tell you my current goals for the next year let me do a throwback to all my Lolita accomplishments in 2015.

This was my wardrobe when the year started: I had two brand dresses, two brand skirts and two Bodyline skirts (the polka-dotted ones), I had one Le Carrousel bolero, one Bodyline blouse and an off-brand pink cardigan. I had three shoes and my bear bag from Angelic Pretty and the Sugary Carnival tote bag which I never really used for Lolita. Needless to say I was very unhappy with my wardrobe, but I hadn't even completed my first year as a Lolita and I didn't have a proper job back then. My petticoat didn't have enough poof and I always felt self-conscious about it's poor volume. I had a reasonable number of accessories such as off-brand berets and hair clips but only very plain socks and tights. I didn't have an identity as a Lolita, I didn't have a very cohesive collection, I didn't have enough bags (I still don't) and my coordination possibilities were very limited.

Wardrobe in January 2015.
My wardrobe gradually got fuller. In April I got a big haul of things I bought online in Japan: many new skirts and my first OP, I also got an Innocent World apron skirt and a Baby dress, I sold them both immediately, I sold my Bodyline skirts and left my wardrobe with brand-only main pieces. I got new bags and off-brand accessories and blouses.

Wardrobe in April 2015
Through the year I kept buying from Japan and in November I received my latest haul, unfortunately the man I paid to bring my stuff here didn't bring everything I had there so I'm still waiting for two Angelic Pretty dresses and some accessories and bags.

Wardrobe in November 2015.
However now that I have enough things I decided to sell my Bodyline blouse (I got a better version of a basic staple blouse from Amavel) and my Triple Tart skirt from Angelic Pretty, since I have finally found my identity I realized that print is way too Sweet for my aesthetic and impossible to tone down.
Now I have a more cohesive wardrobe, I have a good number of shoes, main pieces, cardigans and boleros. I got many things from my wishlist this year: a new petticoat with lots of poof, the very AP parasol I had always wanted, shoes in many colors, new dresses, the Le Carrousel sailor skirt, my dream beret from Baby and others.
Actually I got a little bit of everything but I still don't have enough of some. The things I didn't get any: wigs, not a single one, and wrist-cuffs (still don't own a pair).

I'm very happy with my current wardrobe and the direction it's going towards, unfortunately I didn't have the chance to wear my newest things yet but I can promise that my last outfits of 2015 and the ones that are coming next year will be much better!

In 2015 I matured as a lolita and managed to triple the size of my collection while improving it's quality. Three main reasons made this possible: first I got a job with a regular pay. Maybe I'm not good sorting my priorities but since I work very hard for my money I might as well spend it the way I want. Secondly I've been the most patient person ever while shopping for Lolita, because I check second hand sales every single day, many times during the day, I have memorized the stock updating schedule of all the second hand shops I know and thanks to that I was able to grab some wishlist items and unbelievable deals. And last but most importantly I had my boyfriend's aunt who lives in Japan to hold the items for me and help me like crazy.

But being the perfectionist I am, naturally I've already set many goals for the next year:

♡ Get more jewelry and embellishments: I want more rings, brooches and necklaces. Brand, handmade, off-brand, doesn't matter I'll search everywhere for pretty little items to match my outfits. I hope 2016 will be the year I'll get my first Q-pot.

♡ Buy the bags I still need: I've got more than enough pink bags and that's all. I need a red and a lavender bag desperately and I could use more black and brown ones. A gold bag, if I can manage to find one, would be perfect too.

♡ Replace my pink and my brown Bodyline shoes with regular tea parties (can be Secret Shop ones or similar).

♡ Get the damn wrist-cuffs.

♡ Find more interesting legwear: printed tights and pretty ankle socks and OTK's. To be fair I did get some this year, just not enough.

♡ Buy one or two brand blouses: I still don't own any brand blouse and I'd like very much to get a nice one from Baby, The Stars Shine Bright for special occasions.

♡ Hunt dream dresses: I'm done with skirts because I already have freaking ten of them. Now I want to get the dresses I've been lusting over such as my beloved Toy March and now I'm willing to pay up to 40,000 to get my most wanted prints and cuts.

♡ Find set items for my prints: I need the Sweet Cream House head bow and jewelry, the Promenade de Paris socks and the list goes on.

♡ Although this is a big cliche buying quality over quantity is probably my main goal. In 2016 I'll be spending more money per piece but buying a lot less, avoiding impulse buys and focusing on getting dream items.

♡ Avoid buying dresses and skirts that will be too short on me: something that this year I failed miserably.

♡ Buy better quality wigs: I'll try to get my first Lockshop.

♡ Stop hoarding stuff in Japan and get them shipped here before it becomes too much of a package to pass unnoticed by customs.

♡ Keep it Sweet-Classic and otome inspired, elegant and simple.

♡ Sell the pieces that I don't wear and love.

And that's about it! Next year I hope I'll be spending less with Lolita, now I have a good medium size wardrobe and endless outfit possibilities, 2016 will be all about shaping my style, getting the things I really need or dream about.

Thank you for reading ♡



1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed while reading this great and amazing stuff. You really did a great job by post this nice and relevant information. As we are also working with it.
    cheap leather sofas london
    bedroom wardrobes london

    ReplyDelete