Thursday, January 7, 2016

One skirt, four seasons ♡

Hello everyone! This week's theme on Lolita Blog Carnival was very challenging. We had to create four different outfits for each season using the same main piece. As you already know, I like to use my own clothes for this type of post so it took me a long while to decide which skirt or dress I was going to use. I picked Usakumya-chan is a Petit Patissiêr from BTSSB first because I think the fabric, colors and print are not too season-specific and secondly because I bought this skirt over a year ago and I never got the chance to wear it. Looking back at the pictures I feel like I repeated myself (small wardrobe problems) but managed to put together four wearable outfits for all the seasons.
I also think it's important to add that the seasons work differently where I live. I'm from the Southeast of Brazil and here is pretty much like this: the year starts hot as hell, towards May it starts to get a little bit chilly and stays like this until September and then it gets hot as hell again. We can't see the seasons changing like in the Northern Hemisphere. And we can never predict how the weather is going to be in a certain day, you always need to carry an umbrella and a light jacket because here you never know. We do have some occasional cold days: 8 to 14 degrees at the very minimum, temperature rarely drops under that mark in Brazil. But living in a tropical country, being used to warm temperatures, 14 degrees Celsius is enough to make me need to wear my most wintery pieces.

Summer ♡

Skirt: BTSSB, Blouse: Amavel, Parasol: Angelic Pretty, Shoes: Bodyline, Bag: Spree Picky Accessories: off-brand.

Sometimes I feel we have an all-year-round Summer, making Lolita very uncomfortable to wear, but we still want to keep up with the meetings, always searching for places with good air conditioning. Summer is the season when it rains the most too so I try to carry my parasol not only to protect me from the sun but any eventual Summer rain. The temperature here usually stays around 30 degrees during Summer-time so it's best to keep it simple.

Fall ♡

Blouse: Amavel. Bolero: Metamorphose, Bag: Angelic Pretty, Accessories: Campanella, BTSSB, off-brand.

During fall the weather ranges from warm to chilly. The outfit I put together for Fall is my favorite, I actually bought the sax bolero to wear with Usakumya-chan is a Petit Patissiêr. The oxford shoes bring a more mature feeling to balance the Sweetness of the print and the bear bag.

Winter ♡

Cape: Liz Lisa, Shoes: Bodyline, Bag: AP,  Accessories: off-brand.

I was lucky that my most wintery piece, the Liz Lisa cape, goes really well with that skirt. Here I'm using pink tights and gold accents. I feel the cape needs a brooch, If I only had this BTSSB rosette, it would balance out the colors perfectly.

Spring ♡

Cardigan: Fi.n.t, Blouse: Amavel, Accessories: off-brand.

For Spring I used the Summer outfit base, removing the parasol and adding a light weight lavender cardigan, I pinned matching bows on the ankle socks too.

I think I would wear all of those outfits, this challenge was great to make me come up with ways to wear Usakumya-chan is a Petit Patissiêr. Which one was your favorite?

Don't forget to check the outfits created by them:

Darkly Darling
Gravelvet
Pastel Peggy
Vanilla Bear
Thank you for reading ♡


12 comments:

  1. These outfits are all so cute! The Fall one if my absolute favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute !!! my favorite is Winter Outfit but the summer is so lovely too ❤ I really Love the outfit post ~ Kiss * 3 * and happy new year sweetie (‐^▽^‐)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like this kind of post too, I'll try to do them more often <3

      Delete
  3. I love these outfits so much! The Winter and Summer ones are my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorei! Todos muito lindos ^^

    Suas combinações sempre me inspiram :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigada <3 fico feliz por inspirar mesmo sendo do lado Sweet da força ^u^

      Delete
  5. I love the coord for fall! The mint bolero really compliments the tones in the skirt. And that bag is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those outfit. Amazing post. *w*
    Bai, Shiki

    [Beauty and Destroy]

    ReplyDelete