Thursday, February 16, 2017

Last outfits from 2016 and life updates ♡


Hello everyone! I decided to make a post about a few things that happened in 2016 and I didn't mention here on my blog before I post any further 2017 related content.
First I need to give you guys some life updates: I'm changing schools, now I won't be studying Language & Literature anymore, I'm switching to Pedagogy. I'll also start working at a different school pretty soon and I'm moving out from home too. I have already emptied my room and everything I own is in boxes and plastic bags at my boyfriends house. Nothing is the same since 2017 started, that's why I couldn't carry on with my Japan posts for example. I'm in transition mode right now and until I settle down I'm not sure how often I'll be able to post. I just hope those changes are for the better because right now I feel scared and exhausted.

Anyways, 2016 was a pretty good year for me, I'm so happy on how far I've come as a lolita.

Here's the outfit I wore for an online contest, which didn't qualify me to the contest's final.


I didn't bother me though, I'm happy that by not participating other girls had the chance to win an Angelic Pretty JSK because many people can't afford it :)

Last year I realized how fun small meet ups are and I've had the chance to organize a few. As soon as I came back from Chile my friends and I went to Moti Moti Cake Shop in Lolita to talk about life and grab some dessert. On that day I put on my most last minute coord to this date and it ended up looking fine. Some people said on cgl that the outfit isn't Lolita though. It's basically a full set and I was wearing a petticoat but next time I should wear OTT to hang out with a couple of friends.


It was a casual coord for a small get together with friends. I specially love how my Q-pot necklace matches Petit Patisserie perfectly.


Coincidentally my friends also wore dessert prints, they both looked so cute!


And the color scheme of our outfits matched Moti Moti Cake Shop's store-front.


I'm immensely happy that although I've know Hana and Layla since I started wearing Lolita last year really brought us close together and now they are some of my closest friends in the scene. Who am I kidding? Hana-chan is basically my Lolita soulmate and I love her so much! Layla always has the most sensible points of view and always talk some sense into me. I'm glad to have a friend like her when there's so much immature behavior among lolitas.

December finally came and I hosted a small Christmas meet at my house. Layla and Hana helped me with everything and together we had an awesome afternoon!


We all worked together to make delicious food and cute decor for the occasion. We had raspberry lemonade, iced tea, sandwiches, guacamole, etc we even ended up forgetting to eat the strawberry tart Layla brought, she ended up leaving the whole tart to me and I felt bad that we didn't get to share it. Christmas happens during Summer here hence the menu wasn't very cohesive to the holiday.


I even dressed my doll to fit the theme. There was so much candy and delicious treats.


We just remembered taking pictures when it was already dark. But I wore my brand new Melty Cream Doughnuts JSK with a mint Emily Temple Cute blouse, AP accessories and a boater hat, I kept it simple because it was really hot. Hana wore her also recently acquired Belle Epoque Rose and Layla stuck to theme with a tartan OP.


And last year I finally had the chance to have my own Lolita Christmas tree during the last month of me having my room. I'd been saving my AP tags for that very reason.


It was an awesome year and I got to do so many things no wonder why it's being so hard to face my new reality. Things won't be the same but I hope they'll get better.

Thank you for reading ♡


4 comments:

  1. Moving is certainly a challenge, I'm so grateful I haven't had to do it much!

    It's so nice to read you had some fun lolita times (and your outfits are all great in my eyes) and wow, love that Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^o^ I hope I can get a bigger Christmas tree next time so I'll try to collect more tags and make it even more Lolita \^o^/

      Delete
  2. Boa sorte com tudo Audrey querida!
    Espero de coração que tudo se acerte e que as mudanças se desdobrem em caminhos novos e maravilhosos em sua vida.
    Te desejo o melhor!
    E seus outfits sempre estão maravilhosos!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigada <3 que pena que vc não pode ir no meeting de Valentines estou com saudades!

      Delete