Monday, March 27, 2017

Mini meet-up with friends ♡


I've been wearing Lolita for three years now. This is my 4th year in the fashion and so much has changed. Things I said I would never wear or buy and now I do: back when I started I used to say "I'll never pay over retail for an item", "I'll never wear Lolita without tights 'cause I'm too tall", "I'll never wear Lolita without a wig". Back in my first year as a Lolita I would attend every single meet-up I was invited to and as the years passed I started to get more and more selective.

In 2017 I decided that I do want to wear Lolita as often as possible but I won't be attending as many meetings and events as before. I think I'll only go to open events that are organized by people I like (Erika, Layla, Amy, etc) and if they happen in a place I feel comfortable at. As I made closer friends in the community I discovered that I'd rather be in a small group. The big events in our comm are great and I still attend some from time to time just not as much as before.

So last Saturday my friends and I decided to meet at our headquarters (Moti Moti Cake Shop) since the weather finally started to get cooler, thank God seriously, and now we can wear Lolita without actually suffering. The struggle of being a Lolita in Brazil is something that I guess only Australians lolitas can understand. We feel you sisters, it ain't easy.

Coincidentally around this time of the year not only I reach three years of wearing Lolita but my friends too! Anyway we had a super cool and sweet-filled afternoon planned.

Since this year started every time I say I'm gonna need my Lolita clothes my boyfriend suffers. OCD me still can't find an apartment that meets the standards so all of my stuff is still at my boyfriends and he had to search for all the bits I needed to put a coord together, poor him. He managed to find most of what I asked but socks and some accessories. Luckily I had a pair of frilly ankle socks in my house that go with almost every outfit.

When I put everything together I was pleasantly surprised that OCD me liked the final product. Yep, could've used those silver glitter bow hair clips of mine and the pair of socks I asked for but poor boyfriend couldn't find (I don't blame him) and sure as hell would love me a red Milk bag but overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.


I was wearing my Kiki cameo that I bought in Osaka (you can take a better look at it here) and I wanted to stick with the colors. Kiki's Delivery Service is my favorite Ghibli movie and I couldn't wait to wear that brooch. Many of the things I bought in Japan I still hadn't the chance to wear yet, sadly.

The dress is Lady Gingham by Angelic Pretty, so cute, I love all the colorways it's such a versatile piece. If I see it in black for a good deal I'll make sure to grab it. The beret, the cardigan and the socks are off-brand. The bag is also AP and the shoes are Cotton Candy Feet and no picture does justice to their sparkle. I was also wearing a glitter heart brooch from WEGO and a red and blue ring from AP. I forgot to ask my boyfriend to bring me eyelashes so my make-up looks kinda plain but when it doesn't.

First time wearing that wig too, it looks a little bit shiny to my taste but I love how my eyebrows match for once haha. I painted my nails navy blue for the occasion too.


We shared many sweet treats at Moti Moti. One of them being a chocolate Hokkaido chiffon cake with strawberry.


We left a few hours later to go to Häagen-Dazs. We've been wanting to share their fondue for a while. The only problem is that the store was in a shopping mall.
Most of my insecurities have to do with me being extremely perfectionist but put me in Lolita at a shopping mall or other normie crowded place and you'll see my anxiety take over. I just can't deal with the stares. My friends in the other hand have a really thick skin when it comes to wearing Lolita in public, which is weird 'cause I'm the one with the loud and obnoxious personality.


Thankfully as soon as we got in the store I was able to relax and enjoy myself. We took some pictures together with Hana's kawaii apps. At that point I had given up on my updo.


The employees at Häagen-Dazs were really nice to us and one of the girls loved Hana's Princess Tiara bag from AP.



When we left the mall Layla went back to her house to spend some quality time with her husbando and I went to Hana's so we could watch a movie and hang out a little more.


I had so much fun with my friends. Too bad I forgot to take a picture but I got two presents on that day. My Toy March OTKs that Hana got for me on Christmas but her Mercari order only arrived recently and a brooch handmade by Layla that is soooo cute and I can't wait to wear. Needless to say brooches, pins, whatever are my favorite type of accessorie!

Hope I'll get to spend more time with them soon!

Thank you for reading ♡ 

2 comments:

  1. Que fofo!! <3 Todas vocês estavam muuito bonitas, eu adorei seu outfit e esse lugar parece ser muito legal!

    Fiquei com vontade de provar esse fondue qualquer dia, vou procurar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, espero que vc consiga arrumar logo um lugar para guardar suas coisas, dava pra ver todo o cuidado que vc tinha com seu quarto!
    Seu out ficou super fofinho, adorei como vc distribuiu as cores e os detalhes. ^^ E esse lugar que vcs foram parece muito fofo!!

    ReplyDelete