Friday, June 16, 2017

Daydream Bed: JSK and OP ♡


There aren't many prints out there that were love at the first sight for me. Honey Cake, Toy March, Melty Cream Doughnuts are a few I can name but even Lucky Key didn't get my attention when it was released let alone anything that came up in the last couple of seasons.

When I saw the first picture of Daydream Bed I knew I wanted it. The tea party exclusive OP became one of dream dresses the moment I laid my eyes on it.

But it was tea party exclusive and I didn't attend the tea party. Now I had to wait for the general release of the print and hope for the best.

Initially, when the first pictures came out, I was disappointed, I wasn't expecting the special grayish blue colorway but I thought maybe the OPs would have the same cut. They didn't. Plus none of the colorways were half as pretty as the tea party exclusive OP.

I really loved the print so I decided to get the black JSK, I wasn't too fond of the ivory and the pink was way too Sweet for me. It was decided "I'll get the black and make it work since I know I'll never be able to get the blue OP" better than leaving empty-handed.

To make sure I wouldn't miss the release, since I didn't know how popular the black JSK was going to be I used a shopping service. The black JSK ended up being the least popular cut and color and my SS grabbed me the ivory JSK which was my second choice. Even though I knew the ivory was more popular I decided to stick with my personal favorite and she managed to get me the black one. Had I known there were going to be loads of black JSKs left I wouldn't have needed to use a shopping service but yeah...better safe than sorry.

A few weeks later I find a picture on Instagram of a girl selling Daydream Bed and Misty Sky tea party exclusive OPs. I contacted her and everything was dealt by e-mail. I was afraid but the girl was a kawaii ambassador so I thought I could trust her reputation and bought the entire Daydream Bed set.

Turns out the dress got here really fast, no taxes, perfect, brand new with tags and all, so, thank you Ruby it was a pleasure doing business with you.

It was probably the most expensive dress I've ever bought so far but that's okay, I actually think it was a very reasonable price for a new, with tags, full set of something that wasn't released to the general pubic so I'm very satisfied.

And I decided to keep the black JSK too, why not? I even had shoes custom made with the black dress in mind and I grew to like the black JSK as well.


The OP is wrinkled on the pictures but I don't have an iron or steamer in my house yet (I moved recently). I love the cut and color of the OP. It fits a lot better than my Misty Sky OP and it's not nearly as short which I'm so thankful for. Sometimes I really regret not getting Misty Sky's JSK instead. Of course the Daydream Bed JSK is way more comfortable but the fit of the OP is fine by me specially when compared to MS.


One thing I didn't like on the general release is that the shade of pink used on the chest and waist ribbons for the black and ivory colorways clashes with the pink on the print which is very dusty and has a purple undertone. That doesn't happen with the blue OP which has a pale pink detachable and waist ribbon, or with the pink dresses that have blue ribbons instead. However, the bows on the black JSK seem more well-made and stay in place which makes things a lot easier for us, mere mortals, who don't possess perfect bow-tying skills.


The JSK also has beautiful lace similar to the one used on Melty Cream Doughnuts.


The tights that came with the OP are thankfully the off-white ones so I can wear them with both dresses.


I also prefer the headdress of the general release although I didn't buy the black one. From what I've seen in the stock photos they look more well-made than tea party exclusive's. The design is different and prettier too, in my opinion.


I also didn't like that neither the blue of the sleeping mask or the gray ribbon are the exact shade of the dress which doesn't seem to happen with the general release. The organza bow does not meet my quality standards either but I'm glad I have the whole set nonetheless because that blue is very unusual so I won't find many items out there to match.


Best release of 2017 so far. I'm a huge fan of Imai Kira's art work and I love her collabs with AP. Charlotte's Bear is high up on my wishlist too!

I'm very happy with my Daydream Bed collection. Maybe one day I'll have Honey Cake and Lucky Key too and finally all of my dream dresses will be hanging in my closet.

Thank you for reading ♡



5 comments:

  1. It's really interesting that the eyemask is completely different between the two releases. Also, you're super lucky to have grabbed the special release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was weird too, the regular one looks much better! I still can't believe I got the set either!

      Delete
  2. Essa print é tão linda! Parabéns pelas compras <3
    Adoro esse modelo de OP e achei a cor dele M-A-R-A-V-I-L-H-O-S-A!!! O preto também é incrível, já prevejo outfits arrasadores!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woooooow really cute dresses <3
    Love From Brasil <3


    https://diariodelolivlet.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obrigada :) eu também sou do Brasil na verdade

    ReplyDelete